Friday, March 19, 2010

Free Time

First and foremost, my sincere apologies for my seemingly scattered thoughts and if you cannot follow, do not worry. Allow me to tell you this. "Free time is an illusion. Its what you get when you die and the gods reward you for a life spent working from dawn until midnight." -Alanna; The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce. Between school, homework, ice skating, ASL and voice lessons, there are days when I have about as much free time as a page although I probably do get to spend more of it doing fun things. When I said tonight that I was wasting my life reading MLIA my brother, Joshua, told me to do something useful like write a blog, so I am. I am feeling inspired. Who knows how long it will last, but it is worth a shot to have a place to share my thoughts and a chance to improve my writing skills. It is also a wonderful procrastination tool -evil grin- We all have our dreams, mine do not happen to include school, particularly not high school in which I waste my precious time reading books without plots (Cannery Row), learning to analyze and dissect poetry (and books) beyond any extra meaning that the author put in and listening to teachers repeat the same lessons and the same admonishments day after day. What my dreams do include are publishing a recording of myself singing, spending more than the 2.5 weeks of allotted summer time with Gail and Sarah and Shawn, folding and stringing 1,000 paper cranes to donate to the Children's Hospital, crocheting or knitting a complete scarf and becoming a musical theatre star. Oh yeah, and seeing the world. All in my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment